A sheer ridge, the crest of an ancient caldera, forms the highest point on Guadalupe Island at its north end. The crest creates its own weather in such a way that clouds, trapped on its west side, drape over the top of the island and dissapate as they flow down the east side. The moisture from these clouds supports a small fragile grove of Monterey pines (Pinus radiata), one of only two island populations of this tree species in the world.
Clouds held back by island crest. Guadalupe Island (Isla Guadalupe), Baja California, Mexico
Image: 03848 -?-
Location: Guadalupe Island (Isla Guadalupe), Baja California, Mexico
Lat/Long: 29° 10' 19.36"N, 118° 16' 12.46"W (Coordinates: 29.17204°, -118.27013°)
Format: Film 3:2
Copyright © Phillip Colla, all rights reserved worldwide.
|Closed vocabulary cross reference terms:|
|Open vocabulary search keywords: abstracts and patterns, baja california, california, cloud, guadalupe island, international, isla guadalupe, isla guadalupe special biosphere reserve, mexico, oceans, pacific, sky and cloud, weather|
I am primarily engaged in stock photography, which means I license my images for use in your publication or project. I also produce digital prints of my images for your private collection. For both my stock and print clients, I provide review copies of my images via email so that you can see them in greater detail than what is presented on the web site.
Comp / Review Copy. Click here to request that a comp or review copy of this image be sent to you by email.
Prints. You may wish to purchase a print of this image for your personal collection. I offer a range of prints: large photographic glossy prints, fine art matte prints, and even canvas prints, with several mounting options. More information about purchasing a print of this image is available by clicking here.
Stock Photography Licensing. You may wish to reproduce this image in your project. During normal Mon-Fri daytime hours I try hard to respond to phone calls and email inquiries as quickly as possible. I will try to email a comp/review copy or a link to the high resolution version of the image to you within just a few hours, and often in minutes. So if you are in a hurry, just phone or email and let's get the image into your hands so you can decide if its right for your project.
A bit more detail, in case you are not in a hurry and want to know more: I license the use of my images to you, so that my work can contribute to the success of your publication, advertisement, book, brochure, presentation or web site. I do not "sell" the image. Rather, you are licensed to reproduce the image for a specific purpose, for an agreed-upon fee. (I retain ownership of, and copyright to, the image.) This is what is known as "rights-managed" photography. The negotiation of the rights and fees is between you and me. I extend discounted prices for projects that use several of my images. In order for me to quote a fee, I need to know the following about how you will use photography in your project. The more specific you can be the more quickly and accurately I can quote a fee. In general, the fewer rights you require the lower the cost.
- What type of project is it: editorial or advertising/commercial, print or internet/electronic?
- Does your project require exclusivity, perhaps within your industry? Hint: exclusivity is usually not required.
- How should the images be delivered? Traditionally (in the form of transparency film) or digitally (via internet or CDROM)? These days almost all of my image deliveries are electronic, providing a high resolution JPG of the image to your for download from my website.
- At what size will the image be used, e.g., 1/4 page, full page, half screen, spot, cover, billboard, etc.?
- For printed projects, how large is the circulation / print run? Do you require reprint rights?
- In what countries will the product be distributed, i.e., do you need domestic or international rights? In what languages will the product be distributed?
Contact Us. If you have questions, please contact me by phone or email. I respond to email quickly and am happy to take your phone call.